With so many popular artists turning to the double-cutaway, semihollow, thinline guitar as their axe of choice in recent years, the Excel DC is a natural addition to the D’Angelico family of guitars. Equipped with Kent Armstrong pickups, the versatile Excel DC can go from warm and smooth one minute to bright and powerful the next. The center block, which runs through the Excel DC’s thinline design, creates unparalled sustain as well as a truly warm tone.
In addition to the Excel DC’s magnificent tonal properties, it’s also an extremely comfortable instrument. The standard neck shape and medium jumbo frets facilitate lightning fast runs and expressive note bending.
As can be expected, the impeccably crafted Excel DC features world-renowned D’Angelico appointments including the distinctive headstock with a mother-of-pearl Excel inlay and Art Deco truss rod cover. The beauty of the Excel DC’s laminated flame maple bookmatched carved top and back is accentuated by the mother-of-pearl square block inlays, five-ply binding, and a two-piece maple neck with walnut skunk stripe. Gold Grover Super Rotomatic stairstep tuners, gold Tune-o-matic bridge, and ebony knobs round out the Excel DC’s classic appointments. A deluxe hardshell case is included.
• BODY SHAPE: Double Cutaway
• BODY: Semi-Hollow
• TOP MATERIAL: Laminated Flamed Maple
• BACK MATERIAL: Laminated Flamed Maple
• SIZE: 16"
• PICKUP: 2 Kent Armstrong Humbuckers
• BINDING: 5 ply
• PICKGUARD: Stairstep
• BRIDGE: Gold Tune-O-Matic
• TAIL PIECE: Stopbar
• CONTROLS: 2 volume / 2 tone / 3 way toggle
• HARDWARE COLOR: Gold Plated
• MACHINE HEAD: Grover Super Rotomatic NUT:1 11/16"
• NECK MATERIAL: Hard Maple 2 pcs Walnut Center
• SCALE: 24 3/4"
• FRETBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
• INLAY: Mother of Pearl
• FINISH: Natural
• INPUT JACK: Switch Craft USA
• CASE: Deluxe Hard Case