Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The left-handed G5422GLH Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body Double-Cut with Gold Hardware features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron™ pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, the G5422GLH also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back tuning machines, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, pearloid Hump Block inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and a Gretsch G-cutout tailpiece.
This resplendent instrument comes in standout Snowcrest White with gold pickguard and gold hardware.
It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
- BUILD Hollow Body
- CUTAWAY Double Cutaway
- BODY FINISH Gloss
- BODY SHAPE Electromatic® Hollow Body
- BODY MATERIAL Laminated Maple
- BRACING Trestle Block
- BODY BINDING White with B/W/B Purfling
- BODY BACK Arched Laminated Maple
- BODY TOP Arched Laminated Maple
- BODY DEPTH 25" (57 mm)
- STRINGS Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- STRAP BUTTONS Gretsch® Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- NECK MATERIAL Maple
- NECK CONSTRUCTION Set-Neck
- NECK FINISH Gloss
- NECK SHAPE Classic "C"
- NECK BINDING White
- SCALE LENGTH 6" (625 mm)
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 12" (305 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Laurel
- NUMBER OF FRETS 22
- FRET SIZE Medium Jumbo
- NUT MATERIAL Graph Tech® NuBone®
- NUT WIDTH 6875" (42.86 mm)
- POSITION INLAYS Pearloid Hump Block
- SIDE DOTS Black
- HEADSTOCK BINDING White
- BRIDGE Adjusto-Matic™ with Secured Laurel Base
- HARDWARE FINISH Gold
- TAILPIECE Gretsch® G-Cutout Tailpiece
- TUNING MACHINES Vintage-Style Open-Back
- PICKGUARD Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® and Electromatic® Logos
- CONTROL KNOBS G-Arrow
- BRIDGE PICKUP FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- NECK PICKUP FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- PICKUP COLOR Gold
- CONTROLS Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
- PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™